Monday 8 July 2013

The Tasty Summer Reads Blog Hop!


 I’m taking part in the Tasty Summer Reads Blog Hop with my current release Your Room Or Mine? (see sidebar for buy links)
Follow the links on the hop to get lots of lovely inspiration for summer reads - all authors taking part will be discussing their current summer release or WIP and also offering up a tasty recipe that ties into it! Mine doesn't even involve any cooking - what's not to like!?

 

HOP QUESTIONS...
1)When writing are you a snacker? If so, sweet or salty?
I am a terrible snacker and my snack of choice is biscuits. I choose Rich Tea Fingers, not because they are the yummiest of biscuits (they’re not) but because they are about 22 calories per biscuit and I can kid myself that even after I’ve eaten ten or so, the calorie count isn’t desperate!
2) Are you an outliner or someone who flies by the seat of their pants? Are they real pants or jammies?
I am an outliner. I have a scene list, with brief notes on what takes place, for my entire story before I start writing. Writing by the seat of my pants/jammies fills me with terror.
3) When cooking or baking, do you follow the recipe exactly or wing it?
I follow the recipe exactly and if I don’t have one of the ingredients I worry constantly while it cooks that it will be ruined. I am not a confident cook. I wish I was one of those people who could just throw the contents of the fridge in a wok and come out with a masterpiece. Hmm, noticing a pattern here with my writing and my cooking. Apparently I'm not a pantser when it comes to the kitchen either!
4) What is next for you after this book?
I am currently writing the next book in the trilogy, another standalone fun and sexy romance but with the same backdrop as Your Room Or Mine? – an exclusive boutique hotel in London. This time around my hero is a gorgeous pro tennis player with a playboy lifestyle and my heroine is the Guest Services assistant who for her own reasons, loathes all things celebrity. See my Pinterest board (button at sidebar) for some of my inspiration.
5) Last Question...on a level of one being slightly naughty to ten being whoo whoo steamy, where does your book land?
I would say a 7. It’s pretty hot and explicit but there’s nothing weird in there! I would call it romantica– the language used is definitely more contemporary romance than erotica.
 
And here is my summer recipe! In Your Room Or Mine? Izzy and Oliver are a bit too wrapped up in each other to eat much of the time, but their story takes place in summer, and there's a particular steamy scene involving a spoon (enough said). Eton Mess would definitely be one recipe you could eat with one!
Can’t-Go-Wrong Eton Mess
Buy the following:
1 pack of 8 meringue nests
500 g strawberries
400ml double cream
Serves 4
Wash, hull and halve the strawberries, then take a handful and squash with a fork into mush. Whip the cream until stiff peaks form. Put the strawberries, cream and strawberry mush into a bowl and roughly crumble the meringue nests in. Fold the whole lot together without overmixing. Spoon into serving glasses and voila! Serve immediately.
 For more stops on the tour, and more fabulous summer reads and summer recipes, check out the very lovely Angela Campbell and Rae Rivers

1 comment:

  1. Nice to know I'm not the only terrible snacker! Lovely post! Thanks for the tag.

    ReplyDelete